Bulgur is a food whose digestion is very simple. Dietitians recommend eating bulgur pilaf rather than rice pilaf. It is a healthy choice to make bulgur pilaf alongside vegetable dishes.
Ingredients for Bulgur Pilaf
• 1 Bowl of Bulgur for Pilaf
• 2 Tomatoes
• 1 Onion
• 2 Green Peppers
• 1 Glass of Chicken Broth
• 1 Glass of Hot Water
• 2 Tablespoons of Oil
Preparing Bulgur Pilaf with Tomato and Pepper
• First of all, we fry the finely chopped onions, and after the onions are roasted, we add the chopped peppers.
• Add the onion to the well-roasted onions and peppers and mix.
• Add bulgur to all of this, mix it two or three times and add the chicken stock and hot water.
• Add salt and mix it once, then close the lid and leave it.
• Cook on low heat without stirring until the water is absorbed. After the water is drained, we put a napkin under the lid and let it rest for another 10 minutes.
• Our pilaf is ready to serve. It can also be served with yogurt if desired.